||The position of Teacher of Starpoint School is responsible for providing educational services for Starpoint School students by implementing developmentally appropriate teaching strategies, learning theories, materials and technology within the classroom setting.
|Duties & Essential Job Functions:
||1. Stimulates emotional, intellectual, and social growth of children by developing and implementing educational programs and activities tailored to assigned class.
2. Encourages children’s participation by providing interactive activities and engaging in culturally responsive practices.
3. Uses evidence-based teaching practices—including a coherent system of curriculum, instruction, and assessment—to diagnose student needs, plan for supporting student academic, social, emotional, and organizational progress, and track data to monitor student progress.
4. Maintains safe environment by maintaining orderly, clean, and appealing facilities; removing known safety hazards.
5. Informs staff and parents of curriculum by preparing and submitting lesson plans; posting schedules and curriculum outlines, and conferencing with families.
6. Keeps parents informed by posting parent information, maintaining and sharing records of child’s progress and behaviors.
7. Encourages development of children’s self-control by utilizing classroom management and modeling techniques.
8. Maintains school’s professional status by supervising, training, and evaluating staff and/or field experience students.
9. Engage with other school personnel in a collaborative and supportive manner.
10. Encourages consistency of service by maintaining communications with parents and staff; working within community settings to share information and methodology with educators, families, and community members.
11. Plan for and engage in annual professional learning aimed at identifying and supporting students’ needs.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned.
|Required Education & Experience:
||• Bachelor’s degree.
• 2 years’ full-time classroom teaching experience in an accredited elementary, primary, or intermediate school.
|Preferred Education & Experience:
||• Master’s degree
• 2+ years’ experience teaching students with dyslexia, dysgraphia, other learning disabilities, and/or students with ADD/ADHD.
|Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
||• Valid and active Texas teacher certification with Special Education certification/endorsement.
|Preferred Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training:
||• Training/certification/endorsement in strategies for teaching students with dyslexia, dysgraphia, or related learning differences/disabilities.
• Preferred training for teaching children with ADD/ADHD.
|Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
||• Knowledge of CPR, basic first aid, Heimlich maneuver, safety and hygiene techniques.
• Knowledge of presentation techniques for adults and children.
• Knowledge of child development stages.
• Knowledge of current education strategies.
• Knowledge of basic customer service techniques.
• Ability to clearly communicate in English.
|Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
||• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
||• Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
||As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.