||The Purchasing Compliance Manager will support the payment process by managing all aspects of expense reimbursement processing as well as overseeing various credit card programs, ensuring compliance with university and IRS guidelines, and supervising the Purchasing Compliance Clerk(s).
|Duties & Essential Job Functions:
||1. Ensures timely and accurate processing of expense reimbursement requests per University and IRS guidelines, including interpretation of policies, using judgement when necessary.
2. Supports preparation of 1099s as required by the IRS.
3. Works with various departments to ensure employee accounts receivable balances are collected timely.
4. Oversees purchasing card audits to ensure transactions are appropriate and properly substantiated per University policies.
5. Analyzes Excel based reports to identify purchasing card trends and assists with the identification of individuals/departments for audit.
6. Manages various card solutions, including monthly reconciliations, payment of card balances, and daily inquiries by departments.
7. Supports the University’s initiatives regarding evaluation of expanding payment solutions such as the purchasing card program, or a travel and expense card.
8. Reviews detailed analysis of yearly data mining results and provides thought leadership with regard to the analytics performed.
9. Assists with functional support of payables systems.
10. Provides direct supervision and guidance to Purchasing Oversight staff members in various credit card programs, expense reimbursement processing, and maintaining compliance with university and IRS guidelines.
11. Fosters a positive work environment with campus-wide faculty and staff, while ensuring University and IRS guidelines are being followed.
12. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities and training.
13. Performs other related duties as assigned.
|Required Education & Experience:
||• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or a related field, or High School Graduate with 4 years’ equivalent work experience.
• At least three years’ supervisory experience.
• Experience in a compliance role in an Accounts Payable or Purchasing department.
• Experience in an automated expense reimbursement environment.
• Experience with vendor IRS reporting.
|Preferred Education & Experience:
||• Experience in accounting/GL systems such as Peoplesoft.
• Experience in expense management systems such as Concur or Coupa.
|Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
|Preferred Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training:
||• Experience using various ERP systems and maximizing software capabilities.
|Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
||• Knowledge of implementing payables related software.
• Skill (advanced) using Microsoft Productivity software (e.g., Excel, Word and Outlook).
• Skill using Zoom or other virtual meeting software.
• Skill at managing and leading diverse teams.
• Skill at written and verbal communication in business and professional setting.
• Ability to respect team members and constituents by valuing their contributions toward the goals of the work unit and the University.
• Ability to maintain professionalism and contribute to a cohesive work environment.
• Ability to work independently, to manage multiple projects, organize and multi-task with interruptions.
• Ability to critically think to solve problems.
• Ability to adapt based on environmental needs, emerging technologies, and system upgrades.
• Ability to apply strong analytical skills.
• Ability to apply attention to detail, including review of electronic documents.
• Ability to understand the goals, policies, and objectives of the unit, and standards for own job.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines.
• Ability to work with multi-culturally diverse stakeholders in a University setting.
|Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
||• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
||• Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
||As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.