|Duties & Essential Job Functions:
- Monitors information security by reviewing industry security advisories, compliance with regulatory requirements, performing risk assessments and auditing systems, monitoring data security.
- Manages and maintains information security by performing forensic investigations, incident management, develops tools, designs and architects network and application security, manages network devices and application security.
- Promotes information security awareness by maintaining security website, presenting security topics to groups, training department users on system security.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
|Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in computer related field or equivalent in experience.
- 7 or more years experience working with information, application or network security.
|Required Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training:
- One or more approved Information Security Professional certifications (CISSP, CISM, GSEC, etc.).
- Valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Must be insurable under the university motor vehicle requirements.
|Preferred Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training:
- Multiple Information Security Professional certifications or other relevant certifications.
|Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of Local Area Networks, TCP/IP protocols, multiple operations systems (Windows, Unix, Linux, etc.), enterprise applications, enterprise change control methodology and documentation processes, network security devices (firewall, IDS/IPS, etc.), authentication protocols and methods (NTLM, Kerberos, etc.), encryption algorithms.
- Knowledge (in-depth) of forensic and incident management techniques, basic understanding of compliance and regulatory issues.
- Ability to audit, design, architect, implement large-scale security, to perform security risk assessment of IT solutions, and to develop or customize security tools as needed.
- Ability to manage application security; develop, implement, and maintain a comprehensive information security education program; monitor industry security advisories, interpret and recommend changes to security policy, supervise and train other information security engineers, and to work independently as well as within a team to fulfill project goals.
|Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
- Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
- Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
- Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
- Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
- Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
- Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
- There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
- The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
||As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.