Administrative Program Specialist - Temporary
Job no: 496691
Work type: Temporary
Location: TCU Main Campus
||The Administrative Program Specialist is responsible for providing program support by facilitating program goals and objectives.
|Duties & Essential Job Functions:
||1. Supports projects by assisting customers with policies and procedures, identifying and resolving issues; maintaining inventory levels.
2. Maintains data integrity by entering, testing, verifying and archiving data.
3. Prepares and produces reports and documents by researching, analyzing and summarizing information and trends; coordinating and completing project requirements.
4. Maintains web pages for department by creating and updating content; identifying and resolving issues and implementing results.
5. Provides scheduling functions by maintaining calendars; establishing appointments; monitoring time and date requirements; coordinating resource availability with customer requests.
6. Supports and maintains programs by complying with guidelines and regulations; negotiating for changes or exceptions.
7. Ensures operation of facilities by scheduling repairs and maintenance; coordinating facilities usage; maintain inventory records; evaluating new equipment; making recommendations for changes.
8. Organizes work by reading, routing and answering correspondence; collecting and prioritizing information; managing department procedures and telecommunications; assigning and monitoring student workers.
9. Monitors expenses by gathering and reporting budget information; facilitating and monitoring invoices and purchase orders, scheduling and reconciling expenditures.
10. Manages revenue by verifying transaction information by following internal accounting controls; computing charges and refunds; preparing and mailing invoices; identifying delinquent accounts and insufficient payments; notifying customers of insufficient payments.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
|Required Education & Experience:
||• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• 1 year of basic office experience.
|Preferred Education & Experience:
||• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or related field.
• Experience in the field of marketing or communications to contribute to program efforts to increase visibility to both internal and external audiences.
|Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
|Preferred Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training:
|Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
||• Knowledge of basic accounting processes.
• Knowledge of web-based applications such as HTML and JAVA.
• Knowledge of organization skills and problems solving skills.
• Knowledge of basic research techniques.
• Knowledge of customer service techniques.
• Skill in some or all the components of Microsoft Office.
• Skill in basic keyboarding.
• Skill in the use of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Skill in the accuracy with numeric techniques.
• Ability to operate basic office equipment.
• Ability to clearly communicate verbally.
• Ability to draft grammatically correct correspondence.
• Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to evaluate and make recommendations to improve operations.
|Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
||• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
||• Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
||As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend