||The Senior Electrician is responsible for the campus Medium Voltage electrical distribution system, generators, UPS and inverter systems by troubleshooting, maintaining and scheduling required maintenance and repairs. Supporting the Electrical Shop activities by assisting the Electrical Shop supervisor; supporting campus electrical and building electrical wiring systems.
|Duties & Essential Job Functions:
||1. Determines sequence of installation by studying blueprints, sketches or building plans to identify wiring requirements.
2. Develops working plan by defining material requirements and identifying job requirements.
3. Installs electrical systems by assisting on wire pulls, equipment installations and electrical devices and performs system start up functions.
4. Maintains emergency and routine electrical power distribution/generation networks by discovering, restoring and repairing faulty or inoperative facility systems.
5. Assists with maintaining building electrical distribution systems and electrical equipment by implementing preventive maintenance programs and schedules for the electrical power distribution network, fire and smoke alarms and sprinkler and other electrical systems.
6. Assists in completing projects by installing and repairing electrical equipment and systems.
7. Assists with maintaining electrical systems by performing routine maintenance.
8. Troubleshoots electrical systems by researching and evaluating conditions, advising supervisor and recommending actions.
9. Utilizes thermography to evaluate needed maintenance.
10. Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
11. Procures parts and/or services for maintenance or replacement of electrical equipment and demonstrate proficiency in using a computer maintenance management system (CMMS) to enter service request or submit purchase orders.
12. Assists with small projects under PPD-45 form
13. Complies with federal, state and local building codes by adhering to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
14. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
15. Ensures operation of tools and equipment used in the job by complying with preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
16. Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
17. Ensures proper staffing to cover all TCU supported events during normal and after hour times.
18. Supports after hour electrical shutdown and repairs.
19. Performs other related duties as assigned.
|Required Education & Experience:
||• High school diploma or GED, or equivalent of 4-years apprenticeship training at a state approved school.
• 10 years of electrical experience with installing, maintaining, and repairing medium voltage (601 thru 15,000 volts) electrical equipment.
• 3 years’ experience working with generators, UPS, and inverter systems.
|Preferred Education & Experience:
||• Level I Thermography Certification
|Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
||• Electrical journeyman and/or journeyman lineman license registered in the state of Texas
• Valid Texas driver’s license
• Must be insurable under the university motor vehicle requirements
• Satisfactory results from a post-offer physical examination
|Preferred Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training:
||• Masters Electrical license registered in the state of Texas
• EGST Certification
• Gen-set maintenance and repair training
• UPS and inverter/battery maintenance and repair training
|Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
||• Knowledge of electrical installation and maintenance practices.
• Knowledge of MV electrical distribution.
• Knowledge of generators, ATS systems, UPS and inverter systems
• Knowledge of liquid filled transformers
• Knowledge of DGA reports
• Knowledge of utilization of Thermography cameras.
• Knowledge of troubleshooting techniques to diagnose and recommends improvements.
• Knowledge of basic hand tools and related equipment related to the electrical field.
• Knowledge of current NEC electrical codes.
• Knowledge of current NFPA 70E regulations.
• Knowledge of current building codes.
• Knowledge of current OSHA safety regulations.
• Knowledge of safety regulations including OSHA arc flash requirements and utilization of protective clothing as required.
• Knowledge of customer service techniques.
• Knowledge of basic record keeping techniques.
• Skill in reading and interpreting blueprints, drawings and sketches.
• Ability to lead staff and promote team work environment.
• Ability to verbally communicate technical information.
|Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
||• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling, standing/working on a ladder, and prolonged sitting.
• Work in high or precarious places such as 12 foot ladders, ceilings, and ability to work in confined spaces.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 50 lbs.
||• Work is indoors/outdoors and is not sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• There are potential harmful environmental conditions present for this job, but are mitigated due to safety protocols for electricians.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate and at times can be high due to nearby mechanical and electrical equipment.
||As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.