Facilities Access Technician
Job no: 498035
Work type: Full-time
Location: TCU Main Campus
Categories: Grounds / Maintenance
||The Facilities Access Technician is responsible for maintaining the operation of the university security alarms and electronic doors by planning, scheduling, and performing installation and maintenance functions, as directed by work orders, and supervisory staff. This person will also work with contractors to support the Facilities Planning Department with systems upgrades or new installations.
|Duties & Essential Job Functions:
- Keeps equipment and building ready for use by installing, repairing and replacing locksets or low voltage electronic card access operated equipment; upgrade existing devices.
- Maintains security of building and equipment by using meters and computers to troubleshoot and test alarm systems or ID card systems; installing, repairing and replacing devices or alarms associated with access equipment.
- Determines service and equipment requirements by evaluating job and work orders for maintenance and repair; conducting inspections; establishing a recurring maintenance program for each system.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Complies with federal, state and local building codes by adhering to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Ensures operation of tools and equipment used in the job by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
|Required Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent in experience.
|Required Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training:
- Valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Must be insurable under the university motor vehicle requirements.
- Satisfactory results of a post-offer physical examination.
|Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of AC/DC current.
- Knowledge to use laptop computers.
- Skill in Microsoft Windows navigation.
- Skill to install and service locks and hardware.
- Skill and service low voltage devices and computer hardware components.
- Skill to cut keys using existing codes.
- Skill to perform master keying.
- Skill to read wiring schematics and diagrams.
- Skill to work with electrical meters.
- Ability to clearly communicate verbally.
|Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
- Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
- Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
- Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
- Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling, climbing ladders and stairs, and prolonged sitting.
- Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 30 lbs.
- Work is indoors/outdoors and not sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
- This is an on-campus, in-person position.
- May be exposed to hazardous materials and noxious fumes on occasion. May be exposed to work in confined spaces.
- The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
||As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend