Chancellor's Postdoctoral Psychology Fellowship
Job no: 496707
Work type: Full-time
Location: TCU Main Campus
Categories: Managerial / Administration
||The Postdoctoral Fellow is responsible for contributing scholarly work to the respective discipline and TCU through teaching, research, creative activity, and service.
|Duties & Essential Job Functions:
||1. Teaches a minimum of one class during each semester of the fellowship. Additional duties in a manner befitting the fellow's area(s) of expertise.
2. Focuses on research/creative activity that contributes to the respective discipline.
3. Mentors and engages in scholarly work with undergraduate students.
4. Meets regularly with assigned faculty mentors.
5. Participates in professional development opportunities.
6. Connects and collaborates across the college and institution through active participation in university programs and initiatives as outlined by the fellowship.
7. Performs other related duties as assigned.
|Required Education & Experience:
||• PhD in Psychology or related field from an accredited institution within the past five years and no later than July 1, 2021.
• Experience in and a demonstrated commitment to research and teaching.
|Preferred Education & Experience:
||• Experience performing research or teaching.
|Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
|Preferred Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training:
|Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
||• Knowledge of teaching and researching.
• Ability to perform research and document results.
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively in a team environment.
• Ability to meet deadlines under minimal supervision.
|Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
||• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
||• Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
||As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
||For more information, please visit our website at https://chancellor.tcu.edu/initiatives/chancellors-postdoctoral-fellowship/
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend