Instructor Group Fitness
Job no: 496908
Work type: Temporary
Location: TCU Main Campus
||Instructors Group Fitness are responsible for leading Campus Recreation members through safe and effective exercise routines in a group setting.
|Duties & Essential Job Functions:
||1. Demonstrates and provides explanation of exercise techniques, with the ability to modify based on participant ability.
2. Attends meetings and special events.
3. Performs other related duties as assigned.
|Required Education & Experience:
||• Current, nationally recognized Group Fitness Certification such as AFAA, ACE, RYT-200 or related.
|Preferred Education & Experience:
|Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
||• Current CPR Certification.
|Preferred Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training:
|Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
||• Knowledge of basic human anatomy and physiology.
• Skill in strong interpersonal skills.
• Ability to lead large groups.
• Ability to collaborate with supervisors, colleagues, and participants.
• Ability to handle teaching participants at all fitness levels.
|Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
||• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
||• Work is indoors and not sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
||As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend