Simulated Patient/Participant - Temporary
Job no: 496965
Work type: Temporary
Location: Burnett School of Medicine at TCU
||The Simulated Participants (SPs) are individuals trained to portray the roles of patients, clients, family members or others to allow learners to practice performance-based skills in simulated environments, which are safe for both learners and SPs. SPs are also coached to provide verbal and written feedback to learners. For medical and the health professions students, SPs are routinely taught to reliably assess medical history taking, physical examination, professionalism, and interpersonal communication skills of learners.
To represent diverse patient, client, and other populations learners will work with, SPs are hired from all genders and with the widest age range possible encompassing adolescent to geriatric people.
|Duties & Essential Job Functions:
||1. Portrays patients, clients, or others in order to interact with learners.
2. Provides constructive verbal and/or written feedback to learners.
3. Assesses learners on demonstrated performance-based skills.
4. Performs other related duties as assigned.
|Required Education & Experience:
|Preferred Education & Experience:
||• Performance (e.g. acting), teaching, or coaching is ideal or the ability/desire to learn and apply the skills essential to these professions.
|Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
|Preferred Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training:
|Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
||• Knowledge of basic computer skills including email and ability to learn web-based simulation software.
• Ability, flexibility and adaptability to portray various roles.
• Ability to communicate both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work individually in monitored environments with learners.
• Ability to participate in group trainings with other SPs and professional SP Educators.
|Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
||• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
• Ability to safely lift 15 pounds.
||• Work is indoors and active.
• There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
• SPs must be comfortable receiving physical exams from healthcare students.
||As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend