||The Public Health Research Associate is responsible is assisting with the management and coordination of research activities of a project focused on increasing HIV medication adherence and access to medical care for inmates being released from NC and TX prisons by assuming responsibilities for daily project activities assigned by the Project Coordinator, including but not limited to, supervising field staff, implementing an intervention, recruiting participants, collecting data, performing basic data analysis and participating in report and manuscript preparation. This is a part-time, temporary position.
|Duties & Essential Job Functions:
||1. Supports program and research implementation by assisting with the maintenance of a management information system for ongoing research projects; expediting and coordinating data collection; assisting with basic research tasks.
2. Provides Motivational Interviewing counseling for offenders to promote HIV medication adherence and access to health care following release from prison.
3. Assists with training and data collection materials and research reports by preparing technical reports, providing editing of reports and graphical design of materials, and coding of qualitative survey data.
4. Provide office support by maintaining files; assisting in grant proposal preparation; assisting in field management and in data collection.
5. Performs other related duties as assigned.
|Required Education & Experience:
||• Master's degree in criminal justice, health education, communication, health behavior, psychology, or other health services research fields.
• Candidate must have 2 years of experience in health behavior or health services research during which he or she managed and/or assisted in the management of at least one major research project.
|Preferred Education & Experience:
|Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
||• Valid Texas Driver's License.
• Must be insurable under the university motor vehicle requirements.
|Preferred Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training:
|Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
||• Knowledge of research techniques.
• Knowledge of basic statistical principles.
• Knowledge of current technical environment.
• Knowledge of customer service techniques.
• Skill in some or all components of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Access.
• Skills in a statistical package such as SAS and SPSS.
• Skill in Microsoft Windows navigation.
• Skill in qualitative research practices, including use of Atlas.ti or NVivo software.
• Skill in conducting interviews with staff and clients.
• Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing.
• Ability to compose technical reports incorporating statistical material.
• Ability to review and make recommendations to improve and streamline processes.
• Ability to organize complex tasks.
|Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
||• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
||• Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
||As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.