||The Digital Graphic Designer is responsible for advancing the University’s brand and strategic initiatives by creating smart, compelling, and effective designs across a range of media with a primary focus on digital and motion. Utilizing a combination of software and design expertise, the Digital Graphic Designer produces visual executions that inspire, inform, and persuade key audiences for TCU.
|Duties & Essential Job Functions:
||1. Meets with academic and administrative partners to understand challenges, objectives, and strategies for each project, then creates and presents seamless design concepts that meet those needs and engages target audience(s).
2. Creates designs for a range of projects in the digital space, including but not limited to: display ad suites (static and animated), digital signage, mass emails, short videos and video graphic packages, social and web assets, icons and user interface animations, landing page designs, presentations, infographics, etc.
3. Utilizes project management software to keep the team in the loop and assignments on track.
4. Assists in creating/revising printed materials.
5. Corrects and enhances photos as needed.
6. Provides art direction on photo/video shoots.
7. Adapts existing creative for the digital space.
8. Self-reviews materials for quality control.
9. Stays abreast of current design trends, tools and media.
10. Upholds visual identity standards by demonstrating best practices and guiding and assisting members of the university community and outside vendors.
11. Identifies and manages production partners (including photographers, videographers, illustrators, editors, etc.) as needed, to obtain estimates, define parameters, review proofs, resolve problems and ensure high-quality deliverables.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned.
|Required Education & Experience:
||• Bachelor’s degree in fine arts or other four-year degree in graphic design or a related field.
• Online portfolio with relevant examples of digital, animation, and print branding work.
• Three years of relevant work experience at a design, advertising, or interactive agency.
|Preferred Education & Experience:
|Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
|Preferred Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training:
|Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
||• Knowledge of responsive design, user experience, and associated best practices.
• Knowledge of typography, layout, and color.
• Skill in problem solving.
• Skill in editing with an understanding of motion timing and animation best practices.
• Skill in productive collaboration with a positive attitude.
• Ability to utilize Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Premier, and InDesign.
• Ability to optimize artwork for various digital media, ensuring final product looks its best while meeting specs.
• Ability to create within the print media space.
• Ability to select quality photography that successfully tells TCU’s story, illustrates big ideas and supports the institution’s DEI efforts.
• Ability to be a resourceful, self-starter with the ability to prioritize work.
• Ability to adapt to changing circumstances and requirements.
• Ability to and a willingness to seek, understand and incorporate feedback on design work from management and stakeholders.
• Ability to adhere to brand guidelines while still pushing creative boundaries.
• Ability to own projects from initiation to completion, including finalizing production-ready files to spec for various media.
• Ability to create organized files and make revisions with a high attention to detail.
|Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
||• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
||• Work is primarily indoors and sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
• There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
||As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.