||The Irrigator is responsible for providing irrigation for university property by installing and maintaining irrigation systems.
|Duties & Essential Job Functions:
||1. Installs irrigation systems by following manufacturer's recommendations and TCU standards.
2. Maintains irrigation systems by inspecting, troubleshooting and repairing sprinkler heads, electric and manual valves, backflow preventers, controllers and electric wiring.
3. Uses equipment by operating loaders, tractors, boring machines, ditchers, electrical locating devices and other motorized or hand tools.
4. Supports operations by training new employees as needed; providing adequate coverage.
5. Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
6. Complies with federal, state and local building codes by adhering to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
7. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
8. Ensures operation of tools and equipment used in the job by completing preventive maintenance requirement; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
9. Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
|Required Education & Experience:
||• High school education or equivalent in experience.
• 1 year experience in installation and repair of irrigation systems.
|Preferred Education & Experience:
|Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
||• Valid Texas Driver's License.
• Must be insurable under the university motor vehicle requirements.
• Satisfactory results from a post-offer physical examination.
|Preferred Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training:
|Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
||• Knowledge of irrigation systems.
• Knowledge of hand and motorized equipment.
• Knowledge to troubleshoot problems.
• Skill to read schematics and blueprints.
|Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
||• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling, climbing ladders and stairs, and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 50 lbs.
||• Work is outdoors under variable weather conditions that can, at times, be extreme (high temperature and humidity levels, as well as freezing & icy water).
• May be exposed to automotive fluids while conducting operator maintenance actions. May be exposed to chemical fertilizers.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate, but can be noisy due to exposure to noise from motorized equipment and tools.
||As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.