|Duties & Essential Job Functions:
- Assists the Assistant Sports Field Manager in all day to day duties at Williams-Reilly Field.
- Assists in maintenance of skinned areas, including infield dirt, bullpen mounds, plate, and game mound.
- Assists in maintaining hybrid Bermuda grass overseeded with perennial rye and transition.
- Manages baseball field paintings such as logos, lines, etc.
- Mows the baseball field and surrounding areas.
- Ensures operation of tools and equipment used in the job by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques.
- Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Complies with federal, state and local building codes by adhering to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains safe and clean environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
|Required Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- 2 plus years’ experience working with baseball or softball skinned areas.
|Preferred Education & Experience:
- Associate degree in agronomy, turf management, horticulture or related field.
|Required Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training:
- Valid Texas Driver’s License.
- Must be insurable under the university motor vehicle requirements.
- Satisfactory results from a post-offer physical examination.
- TDA licensed pesticide applicator’s license or the ability to obtain within first three months.
|Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of specialized landscaping techniques.
- Knowledge of safety regulations.
- Knowledge of basic turf arithmetic functions.
- Knowledge of customer service techniques.
- Skill in operating and repairing commercial landscaping equipment such as large mowers, backhoes, bobcats, etc.
- Ability to communicate technical information verbally.
- Ability to learn how to operate necessary machinery for proper field maintenance.
- Ability to learn and perform athletic field cultural practices.
|Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
- Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
- Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
- Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
- Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling, climbing ladders and stairs, and prolonged sitting.
- Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 75 lbs.
- Work is outdoors under variable weather conditions that can, at times, be extreme (high temperature and humidity levels, as well as freezing & icy water. This position is not sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
- May be exposed to automotive fluids while conducting operator maintenance actions. May be exposed to chemical fertilizers.
- The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate, but can be noisy due to exposure to noise from motorized equipment and tools.
||As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.