||The Research Associate assists with special projects (e.g., grant- and contract-funded resource development and training), as well as with the management and coordination of activities focused on evaluating and implementing TBRI. This individual assumes responsibility for daily project activities assigned by a Project Director or Coordinator, including but not limited to, interacting closely with field staff, interacting with organizations implementing TBRI, implementing intervention components, recruiting participants, collecting data, performing basic data analysis, and participating in report and manuscript preparation. This position will office remotely.
|Duties & Essential Job Functions:
||1. Supports program implementation by assisting with the development of project protocol materials and providing training on these materials; maintenance of a management information system for ongoing projects; expediting and conducting field data collection; assisting with basic research tasks.
2. Participates in the design and development of intervention, training, and assessment materials for curricula and related resources.
3. Assists with field activities, including development and delivery of training components and data collection materials.
4. Assists with dissemination of research findings by preparing technical reports, providing editing of reports and graphical design of materials.
5. Assists with qualitative data collection (e.g., conducting interviews) and coding.
6. Provides office support by maintaining files; assisting in grant proposal preparation; assisting in field management and in data collection.
7. Assists with training project staff.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
|Required Education & Experience:
||• Master’s degree in criminal justice, social work, sociology, communication, psychology, or other social science field.
• 2 years’ experence in social science research providing counseling services and/or assisting in the management of at least one research project.
|Preferred Education & Experience:
||• Conducting research studies in a social service setting.
|Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
|Preferred Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training:
|Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
||• Knowledge of research techniques.
• Knowledge of basic statistical principles.
• Knowledge of current technical environment.
• Knowledge of customer service techniques.
• Skill in some or all components of Microsoft Office including Excel, Word.
• Skill in utilizing online platforms for meetings.
• Skill in statistical packages such as SAS and SPSS.
• Skill in Microsoft Windows navigation.
• Skill in qualitative research practices, including use of Atlas.ti or NVivo software.
• Skill in conducting interviews with staff and clients.
• Ability to clearly communicate verbally and in writing.
• Ability to compose technical reports incorporating statistical material.
• Ability to review and make recommendations to improve and streamline processes.
• Ability to organize complex tasks.
|Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
||• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
||• Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
||As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.