Administrative Support - Neeley Dean's Office
Job no: 497267
Work type: Temporary
Location: TCU Main Campus
||The Administrative Support temporary position in the Neeley Office of Inclusive Excellence is responsible for supporting departments by responding to customers, providing information, receiving and processing data.
|Duties & Essential Job Functions:
||1. Welcomes and directs visitors by greeting them; answering or referring inquiries; giving instructions; scheduling appointments or reservations; taking messages.
2. Provides office support by receiving, completing, verifying and evaluating information; preparing and distributing mailings; establishing and maintaining files; producing reports.
3. Build relationships within Neeley and across campus to understand TCU processes and procedures.
4. Execute end-to-end meeting planning and logistics
5. Facilitate purchasing and effective vendor relationships
6. Support projects related to Inclusive Excellence initiatives and programs
7. Provide ad hoc student support
8. Effectively use TCU applications, websites, portals etc.
9. Maintains safe and clean reception area by complying with procedures; posting informational notices; reporting needed repairs.
10. Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
|Required Education & Experience:
||• High School diploma or GED equivalent.
• 3 years of office experience.
|Preferred Education & Experience:
||• Bachelor’s degree.
|Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
|Preferred Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training:
|Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
||• Knowledge of office techniques.
• Knowledge of basic customer service techniques.
• Skill in the use of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Skill in effective written and verbal communications.
|Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
||• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
||• Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
||As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend