Administrative Program Specialist - Temporary
Job no: 497294
Work type: Temporary
Location: TCU Main Campus
||The Administrative Program Specialist - Temporary is responsible for providing program support by coordinating events and class logistics.
|Duties & Essential Job Functions:
1. Supports courses and programs by assisting participants with registration, materials and course information.
2. Maintains enrollment, registration and program data.
3. Prepares and produces reports and documents by researching, analyzing and summarizing information and trends; coordinating and completing project requirements.
4. Maintains web pages for department by submitting work orders for updates or corrections.
5. Provides scheduling functions by maintaining department events calendar.
6. Supports with program and event planning by coordinating details, collaborating with departments, booking rooms, ordering catering, corresponding with participants and faculty, complying with guidelines and regulations; negotiating for changes or exceptions.
7. Ensures operation of facilities by scheduling repairs and maintenance; coordinating facilities usage; maintain inventory records; evaluating new equipment; making recommendations for changes.
8. Orders office and department supplies, class materials, print requests and assembles course materials and sets up events and classroom environment.
9. Monitors expenses by gathering and reporting budget information; facilitating and monitoring invoices and purchase orders, scheduling and reconciling expenditures.
10. Supports with virtual offerings by creating links, opening Zoom sessions, creating breakout rooms and supporting as needed.
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
|Required Education & Experience:
||• High school diploma or GED equivalent
• 1 year of basic office experience and/or event planning experience.
|Preferred Education & Experience:
|Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
|Preferred Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training:
|Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
||• Knowledge of basic accounting processes.
• Knowledge of web-based applications such as web applications such Zoom.
• Knowledge of organization skills and problems solving skills.
• Knowledge of basic research techniques.
• Knowledge of customer service techniques.
• Skill in some or all the components of Microsoft Office.
• Skill in basic keyboarding.
• Skill in the use of Microsoft Office to include Word, Excel and Outlook.
• Skill in the accuracy with numeric techniques.
• Ability to operate basic office equipment.
• Ability to clearly communicate verbally.
• Ability to draft grammatically correct correspondence.
• Ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to evaluate and make recommendations to improve operations.
|Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
||• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
||• Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
||As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Advertised: Central Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend