||The Assistant Director, Employer Relations is responsible for the overall strategy, logistics and execution of Alcon Career Center related recruitment, employer operations, and employer development.
|Duties & Essential Job Functions:
1. Manages recruiting relationships, on-campus recruitment scheduling, event coordination and event marketing for Alcon Career Center. Manages the scheduling of recruiters, students, interview schedules, on-campus recruiting activity for the Alcon Career Center.
2. Works closely with Alcon Career Center Director to ascertain and support the employer’s recruiting needs and connect them with the best services and opportunities available, a task requiring in-depth and regularly updated knowledge of University and industry needs.
3. Plans and executes Alcon Career Center networking/recruiting events and other employer-led recruiting events connecting students to employers.
4. Enforces TCU Career & Professional Development’s recruiting policies and procedures to employers and students.
5. Serves as point person for Handshake CRM database within the Alcon Career Center; responsible for the database integrity, analysis and reporting related to employer and student activity to Alcon Career Center team. Troubleshoots Handshake issues for students and employers as needed.
6. Collaborates with and provides work instruction of Alcon Career Center Administrative Assistant for on-campus recruiting activities.
7. Serves as primary recruiting liaison with TCU’s Center for Career & Professional Development and Neeley’s Graduate Career Management to assure seamless delivery of services to students and employers.
8. Meets with employers to determine their needs and develop recruitment strategy, whether independently or in partnership with Alcon Career Center Director, TCU’s Center for Career & Professional Development and/or Neeley’s Graduate Career Management teams.
9. Helps employers identify visibility and branding opportunities on campus and within in various departments within Neeley School of Business.
10. Works with other Neeley departments and Centers of Excellence on employer development.
11. Provides excellent customer service to employer and students engaging with our Career Center.
Business Development/Employer Engagement
12. Collaborates with Neeley Graduate Career Management to drive annual business development and marketing plan to increase opportunities with high quality companies for Neeley students.
13. Creates and executes business development outreach strategy and plan to engage new employers, hiring managers and alumni to hire undergrads.
14. Meets regularly with Career Consultants, Neeley Graduate Career Management and Career Center Director to identify target employers.
15. Identifies needs and cultivate engagement opportunities with existing employers, forging new relationships with companies, partnering with alumni, faculty, and Neeley departments.
16. Develops network expansion of current employer base.
17. Develops alumni relationships and engagement plans with undergrad alumni to support career programming.
18. Participates and represents TCU at regional and national professional organizations
Data Management and Collection
19. Develops and manages dashboard and metrics for employer engagement activity.
20. Analyzes student data to identify trends in students interests in order to advise new and existing employers.
21. Establishes key performance measures, goals and tactics for employer engagement.
22. Develops survey and satisfaction indicators for employer engagement.
23. Develops and maintains Employer Relations content for Alcon Career Center’s website.
24. Serves as lead for quarterly Recruit Neeley employer newsletter.
25. Creates resources to help employers successful recruit at Neeley.
26. Performs other related duties as assigned.
|Required Education & Experience:
||• Masters’ in Business, Economics, Psychology or related degrees.
• 3 years working in a college career center or other related experience in sales, relationship-management, and/or project management.
|Preferred Education & Experience:
|Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
|Preferred Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training:
|Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
||• Knowledge of strong verbal and written skills
• Knowledge of university recruiting software and trends
• Knowledge of National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Principles for Professional Practices
• Knowledge of PeopleSoft
• Skill in the use of one or more Microsoft applications.
• Knowledge of strong organizational skills, flexibility and a high attention to detail
• Knowledge of high standard of professionalism, diplomacy and confidentiality
• Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with a wide range of constituents and stakeholders
|TCU Core Competencies:
||University Core Competencies definitions may be found on the Human Resources website and in the staff performance management system.
|Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
||• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
||• Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• This role is an on-campus, in-person position.
• There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
||As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.