||The Hall Director is responsible for facilitating the residence life program by supervising the residence hall operations and staff; coordinating programs that foster personal wellness and community development among student residents.
|Duties & Essential Job Functions:
||1. Maintains daily office hours and offer a high degree of availability and visibility for all residents and staff members to oversee operations of the residence hall or apartment complex; maintains occupancy reports and resident records; ensures maintenance issues are corrected; promotes a secure environment; enforces university and department policies and regulations.
2. Implements tenets of our Knowing, Connecting, Empowering model, which is focused on intentionally building relationships and cultivating a strong sense of community within the residence halls.
3. Develops programming that fosters awareness of personal endeavors, academic pursuits, community wellness, civic engagement, and diversity, inclusion, and equity.
4. Maintains staff by recruiting; selecting; orienting; training and developing personal growth opportunities; evaluating staff performance.
5. Accomplishes departmental objectives by serving as liaison with other departments; serving on committees as assigned; participating in development programs; contributing to selection and training for other hall directors and resident assistants.
6. Utilizes motivational interviewing techniques to adjudicate violations of University policy and the Code of Student Conduct in order to guide students through the educational discipline process.
7. Creates and promotes a caring atmosphere conducive to academic pursuits through personalized academic plans for students with unsatisfactory grades.
8. Participates in summer projects including but not limited to summer conferences, ad hoc committee work, building preparations, summer orientation and frog camp, planning staff training, and other.
9. Monitors expenses by gathering and reporting budget information, facilitating and monitoring invoices and purchase orders, scheduling and reconciling expenditures.
10. Performs other related duties as assigned.
|Required Education & Experience:
||• Masters' degree.
• 2 years of related experience in a training or development environment with supervisory experience.
|Preferred Education & Experience:
||• Masters' degree in Higher Education, Student personnel, Counseling or Related field.
|Required Licensure/Certification/Specialized Training:
||• TCU requires applicant to live on campus in a designated residence hall. Human Resources must complete a background check on the selected candidate and spouse.
• Valid Texas Driver's License.
• Must be insurable under the university motor vehicle requirements.
|Preferred Licensure, Certification, and/or Specialized Training:
|Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
||• Knowledge of customer service techniques.
• Knowledge of developmental issues of college-aged students.
• Knowledge of safety regulations.
• Knowledge of job-related policies and regulations.
• Skill in some or all components of Microsoft Office.
• Skill in Microsoft Windows navigation.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Ability to train and lead staff.
|Physical Requirements (With or Without Accommodations):
||• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
• Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
This is an on-campus and in-person position.
||As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.