The Applications Developer IV (PeopleTools) is responsible for supporting TCU’s PeopleSoft technologies.
1. Troubleshoots daily issues, bugs, and performance problems in PeopleSoft systems and makes recommendations for changes to prevent reoccurring problems.
2. Works with functional departments to understand business requirements, analyze delivered PeopleSoft functionality, determine if customization is needed to meet business requirements, make recommendations on customizations, and develop customizations or bolt-ons.
3. Works with functional departments to document customizations and bolt-ons.
4. Manages projects by identifying and analyzing project needs; identifying project time line; articulating and managing all phases of the project through to conclusion; documenting results and procedures required for project maintenance; updating applicable records; identifying projects, analyzing results and recommending changes to programs; developing models; making recommendations for changes and/or improvements; confer with users; research options for streamlining and improving processes; develop and implement changes to produce desired results.
5. Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelors' degree.
• 5 years experience working in an information technology environment.
• 5 years’ experience working in PeopleSoft/PeopleTools 8.54 (and greater) development.
• PeopleTools 1
• PeopleTools 2
• PeopleCode 1
• Application Engine
• Integration Broker
• Fluid UI Development
• PeopleSoft BI Publisher
• Knowledge of project management techniques and implementation.
• Knowledge of Oracle/PeopleSoft.
• Knowledge of Oracle SQL.
• Knowledge of PeopleSoft Internet Architecture technology stack.
• Knowledge of Web Services and API integration services.
• Skill in components of Microsoft Office to include Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
• Skill in the use of Microsoft Windows navigation.
• Skill in leadership practices and techniques.
• Skill in oral and written communication techniques.
• Skill in analyzing and organizing information.
• Skill in writing, developing presentations and presentation techniques.
• Ability to develop PeopleSoft applications to include PeopleTools, App Designer, SQR, Application Engines, COBOL, AWE, Integration Broker.
• Ability to develop and build and understand sophisticated SQL query statements.
• Ability to apply Application and PeopleTools patches and upgrades.
• Ability to train and lead staff.
• Ability to troubleshoot issues and formulate and implement operational improvements.
• Ability to work successfully as a member of a team serving a common goal.
• Ability to analyze process flow and develop procedures and specifications to allow automation, increased efficiency, and policy compliance.
• Ability to understand complex data sets and facilitate data integration needs between different software packages and systems.
• Ability to test complex data integration tools and software packages for accuracy; reliability, and adherence to software specifications.
• Ability to analyze information and make recommendations to improve, streamline processes and be in compliance with policies; broad understanding of information technology, networking, computer systems and hardware, customer service, application development and information security.
• Ability to manage multiple projects and operational activities simultaneously.
University Core Competencies definitions may be found on the Human Resources website and in the staff performance management system.
• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
• Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• This is an on-campus, in-person role.
• There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Texas Christian University is committed to assisting all members of the campus community in providing for their own safety and security. TCU’s Annual Security Report and Fire Safety Report is published in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy & Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act) and the Higher Education Opportunity Act. This report includes statistics for the previous three calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings owned or controlled by the University, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. The statements of policy contained within this report address institutional policies, procedures, and programs concerning campus security, alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, emergency notifications and timely warning of crimes, sexual and interpersonal violence, and personal safety at TCU. Additionally, this report outlines fire safety systems, policies and procedures for on-campus housing facilities, as well as residence hall fire statistics.
The Annual Security Report and Fire Safety Report can be found on the TCU Police Department website at https://police.tcu.edu/annual-security-report, or a paper copy of the report may be obtained by contacting the TCU Police Department at 817-257-7930, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We've sent an email!
Thank you for your interest in a career at TCU!