The Assistant Director, Direct Response Philanthropy, Loyalty Giving, will assist with developing an overall outreach strategy to renew, retain, and secure philanthropic support from alumni, parents, and friends of TCU through the execution of direct mail and email channels. The Assistant Director will support the implementation of a comprehensive, multi-channel direct response philanthropy strategy for the Office of Loyalty Giving. This position will collaborate with colleagues across University Advancement, as well as external partners, to execute strategies that drive regular and recurring giving while enhancing the donor experience.
1. Assists with developing, planning, and leading overall direct response philanthropy strategies – including direct mail and email – for the Office of Loyalty Giving.
2. Helps design and coordinate the production of annual giving materials including, but not limited to, solicitation letters, email campaigns, postcards, stewardship materials, data reports, websites, and other fundraising materials.
3. Serves in a consulting role for content creation and idea generation for annual giving efforts across University Advancement
4. Helps ensure that all outreach and solicitation materials are complete, mailed or emailed on time and error-free.
5. Assists in strategically identifying audience segments for philanthropic appeals.
6. Leads special projects for the Office of Loyalty Giving.
7. Helps maintain master solicitation calendar and collaborates on content with the Director of Digital Philanthropy and Assistant Director of Digital Philanthropy.
8. Assists in compiling and analyzing direct response philanthropy results and prepares reports for internal use. Advises on planning strategies for future direct response philanthropy initiatives, concepts, and themes.
9. Helps compile and analyze direct mail program results and costs. Tracks both the effectiveness and total impact of solicitations.
10. Assists in evaluating giving patterns and monitoring progress toward direct mail and alumni participation goals.
11. Stays abreast of marketing trends, creative ideas, and annual giving best practices.
12. Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, business or related field.
• 1-2 years of experience in direct marketing, fundraising, annual giving marketing, public relations/ communications or similar.
• Experience working in higher education and/or fundraising
• Familiarity with Blackbaud CRM
• Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and graphic design
• Formal graphic design training and/or demonstrated skill with graphic design tools
• Knowledge and experience in direct mail solicitation.
• Knowledge of marketing and sales techniques.
• Skill in both written and verbal communication, including excellent proofreading ability.
• Skill in segmentation and messaging strategies.
• Skill in problem solving, creativity and entrepreneurial thinking.
• Skill with graphic design tools, including, but not limited to, Adobe Creative Suite.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple, large, complex projects through to completion.
• Ability to work within a CRM (Blackbaud CRM).
• Ability to identify trends and patterns in constituent/engagement data to drive decision-making.
• Ability to function in a fast-paced environment with excellent time management skills.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced organization.
• Ability to maintain strict adherence to confidentiality as required.
University Core Competencies definitions may be found on the Human Resources website and in the staff performance management system.
• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
• Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• This is an on-campus, in-person position.
• There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Texas Christian University is committed to assisting all members of the campus community in providing for their own safety and security. TCU’s Annual Security Report and Fire Safety Report is published in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy & Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act) and the Higher Education Opportunity Act. This report includes statistics for the previous three calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings owned or controlled by the University, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. The statements of policy contained within this report address institutional policies, procedures, and programs concerning campus security, alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, emergency notifications and timely warning of crimes, sexual and interpersonal violence, and personal safety at TCU. Additionally, this report outlines fire safety systems, policies and procedures for on-campus housing facilities, as well as residence hall fire statistics.
The Annual Security Report and Fire Safety Report can be found on the TCU Police Department website at https://police.tcu.edu/annual-security-report, or a paper copy of the report may be obtained by contacting the TCU Police Department at 817-257-7930, or via email at email@example.com.
We've sent an email!
Thank you for your interest in a career at TCU!