The Manager of Strategic Communication and Marketing for the College of Education is responsible for initiating, developing, and implementing strategic communication and marketing plans to elevate the profile and reputation of the College, including its Institutes & Centers, Laboratory Schools, CAC and TRIO programs. The Manager provides the creative vision and direction to tell the story of the College and our students, donors, faculty, alumni, and supporters in a manner that drives interest and community engagement with internal and external audiences alike. The Manager works closely with the College’s Deans, Directors and Faculty to identify successful strategies, tactics and tools to effectively publicize and increase visibility of the College’s people, programs and events. The Manager manages all official College news and information websites and social media accounts to ensure a positive and engaging online presence. The Manager also serves as a key partner for the College’s alumni relations and development events and programming.
1. Works collaboratively with College of Education leadership, faculty and staff to create, update and implement marketing materials and strategic content for traditional and new media outlets to effectively promote the academic programs, awards and achievements of the College, including its Institutes & Centers, Laboratory Schools, and TRIO programs.
2. Produces printed and digital marketing and strategic communication collateral to advertise and promote the College’s events and programs, such as the Green Honors Chair, Interview Days, Excellence in Education Reception, Homecoming Weekend, Hooding Ceremony, Senior Reception, Research Festival and Spelling Bee.
3. Develops emails, electronic publications and other digital content through the use of Adobe Creative Cloud software, such as InDesign and Photoshop, and online publishing software such as WordPress, both individually and in collaboration with internal designers and external freelancers.
4. Manages all College social media accounts such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube and identifies and secures College content creators to further develop these resources.
5. Provides creative vision and direction for photo and video shoots and manages photographers and videographers in the development of engaging content for web, print and other promotional items.
6. Serves as the College’s liaison to the TCU Office of Communication by attending university-wide marketing and strategic communication training and related meetings to establish brand consistency and best internal/external marketing practices for the College.
7. Coordinates with the TCU Office of Communication in writing, editing, and publishing/producing the College’s printed collateral, such as program brochures, annual reports, newsletters, viewbooks, holiday cards, and admission and recruitment materials.
8. Fosters community engagement by working with College leadership to develop and support strategic programming and communication efforts designed to appeal to the College’s students, faculty/staff, alumni, volunteers and donors
9. Supports the College’s efforts to engage with local schools, agencies and other community organizations in order to build and maintain meaningful, long-term partnerships.
10. Leads the strategic management of the College’s annual calendar and supports the effective promotion of its student, alumni, faculty/staff and prospective student events
11. Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing, and/or journalism or related field.
• 5 plus years’ experience in public relations, marketing or related fields.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills to work collaboratively, effectively and efficiently with the College’s students, faculty and staff; University and community partners; alumni; donors; volunteers; and the general public.
• Skill in writing and editing for a range of print and digital formats to produce effective marketing and promotional collateral as well as clear and concise standard documents for internal and external use.
• Skill in developing and executing the creative vision for photo, video and related content to produce impactful storytelling.
• Experience working in a team environment to develop successful strategic communication and marketing plans for academic programs and projects.
• Experience developing and implementing successful community engagement programming for a variety of constituents.
• Knowledge of web and social media communication strategies, tactics, formats and analytics
• Knowledge to demonstrate exceptional initiative and independence in all aspects of the position
• Knowledge to demonstrate creative thinking and innovation in marketing and strategic communication
• Knowledge of photography and videography
• Knowledge of media relations
• Knowledge of community relations and engagement
• Skill in Adobe Creative Cloud, Microsoft Office and WordPress
• Skill in basic graphic design and editing
• Skill in both written and verbal communication with a solid foundation in grammar, spelling and composition
• Ability to review and make recommendations to improve and streamline processes
• Ability to apply organizational techniques
• Ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines
• Ability to manage projects involving multiple stakeholders
• Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing in a team environment
University Core Competencies definitions may be found on the Human Resources website and in the staff performance management system.
• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
• Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• This role is an on-campus, in-person position.
• There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Texas Christian University is committed to assisting all members of the campus community in providing for their own safety and security. TCU’s Annual Security Report and Fire Safety Report is published in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy & Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act) and the Higher Education Opportunity Act. This report includes statistics for the previous three calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings owned or controlled by the University, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. The statements of policy contained within this report address institutional policies, procedures, and programs concerning campus security, alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, emergency notifications and timely warning of crimes, sexual and interpersonal violence, and personal safety at TCU. Additionally, this report outlines fire safety systems, policies and procedures for on-campus housing facilities, as well as residence hall fire statistics.
The Annual Security Report and Fire Safety Report can be found on the TCU Police Department website at https://police.tcu.edu/annual-security-report, or a paper copy of the report may be obtained by contacting the TCU Police Department at 817-257-7930, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We've sent an email!
Thank you for your interest in a career at TCU!