The Medical Assistant within the Health Center is responsible for performing various patient care duties and preparing patients for examinations and procedures. The Medical Assistant may assist in cleaning exam rooms and equipment, documentation, laboratory functions, ordering medical supplies, and/or providing other services under supervision of a registered nurse or licensed medical provider. The Medical Assistant will also assist with front desk duties.
1. Interviews patients to obtain medical information and vital signs.
2. Shows patients to exam room and prepare them for the physician.
3. Records patients’ medical history, vital statistics, current medications and allergies.
4. Performs phlebotomy and lab specimen processing.
5. Assists nursing staff with medication administration and procedures such as nebulizer treatments, ear irrigations, CLIA waived tests, orthopedic splinting, and apply wound dressings.
6. Assists with maintaining medical supply inventories.
7. Maintains a system of confidentiality and HIPAA guidelines.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned.
• High school graduation or GED.
• 1 year experience as CMA or RMA in direct patient care.
• Certified Medical Assistant (CMA), Registered Medical Assistant (RMA), American Medical Technologists (AMT), or American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA).
• Bilingual English/Spanish.
• Skill in interpersonal communication.
• Skill in direct patient care.
• Skill in maintaining electronic records.
• Skill in technology as it relates to scanning and document management
• Skill in organization with attention to detail.
• Ability to safeguard confidential medical records and patient information.
University Core Competencies definitions may be found on the Human Resources website and in the staff performance management system.
• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
• Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
• This is an on-campus and in-person role.
As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Texas Christian University is committed to assisting all members of the campus community in providing for their own safety and security. TCU’s Annual Security Report and Fire Safety Report is published in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy & Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act) and the Higher Education Opportunity Act. This report includes statistics for the previous three calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings owned or controlled by the University, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. The statements of policy contained within this report address institutional policies, procedures, and programs concerning campus security, alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, emergency notifications and timely warning of crimes, sexual and interpersonal violence, and personal safety at TCU. Additionally, this report outlines fire safety systems, policies and procedures for on-campus housing facilities, as well as residence hall fire statistics.
The Annual Security Report and Fire Safety Report can be found on the TCU Police Department website at https://police.tcu.edu/annual-security-report, or a paper copy of the report may be obtained by contacting the TCU Police Department at 817-257-7930, or via email at email@example.com.
We've sent an email!
Thank you for your interest in a career at TCU!