The Mover Technician is responsible for supporting university operations by relocating and delivering furniture, equipment and other items, rearranging facilities for events and activities.
1. Prepares work to be accomplished by obtaining instructions; confirming schedule with work team.
2. Evaluates work requirements by contacting requestor for information; confirming date, time, and location.
3. Performs work by moving, delivering, or relocating furniture, equipment or items; modifying arrangements and preparing facility for events and activities.
4. Keeps requestor informed by providing information; advising requestor of related issues or problems.
5. Completes reports by maintaining and submitting required information to management.
6. Maintains supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
7. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules and regulations.
8. Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities and continuing needs.
9. Performs other related duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• Valid Texas Driver's License.
• Must be insurable under the university motor vehicle requirements.
• Satisfactory results from a post-offer physical examination.
• Knowledge of customer service techniques.
• Ability to clearly communicate.
• Ability to follow directions.
• Ability to operate tools and equipment required by the job.
University Core Competencies definitions may be found on the Human Resources website and in the staff performance management system.
• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling, climbing ladders and stairs, and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 50 lbs.
• Work is indoors/outdoors and not sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• May be exposed to hazardous materials and noxious fumes on occasion.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate. • This is an on-campus and in-person position.
As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Texas Christian University is committed to assisting all members of the campus community in providing for their own safety and security. TCU’s Annual Security Report and Fire Safety Report is published in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy & Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act) and the Higher Education Opportunity Act. This report includes statistics for the previous three calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings owned or controlled by the University, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. The statements of policy contained within this report address institutional policies, procedures, and programs concerning campus security, alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, emergency notifications and timely warning of crimes, sexual and interpersonal violence, and personal safety at TCU. Additionally, this report outlines fire safety systems, policies and procedures for on-campus housing facilities, as well as residence hall fire statistics.
The Annual Security Report and Fire Safety Report can be found on the TCU Police Department website at https://police.tcu.edu/annual-security-report, or a paper copy of the report may be obtained by contacting the TCU Police Department at 817-257-7930, or via email at email@example.com.
We've sent an email!
Thank you for your interest in a career at TCU!