The Postdoctoral Fellow is responsible for contributing scholarly work to the Information Systems & Supply Chain Management department of the TCU Neeley School of Business through research and creative activity. This position is designed to recruit emerging scholars from a range of disciplines who are well prepared to use their talents for enriching the research efforts of Neeley faculty.
1. Focuses on research/creative activity that contributes to the respective discipline.
2. Meets regularly with assigned faculty mentors.
3. Participates in professional development opportunities.
4. Connects and collaborates across the college and institution through active participation in university programs and initiatives as outlined by the fellowship.
5. Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Ph.D. degree in business or a related field.
• Experience with engagements in innovations in research, scholarship and creative activities, and partnerships in outreach and service.
• Knowledge of current research and issues in the field of business.
• Skill in all components of Microsoft Office, to include Excel, Word, and Outlook.
• Skill in Microsoft Windows navigation techniques.
• Ability to analyze and accurately interpret information contained in a variety of data sets.
• Ability to accurately document research results.
• Ability to compose technical reports.
• Ability to review and make recommendations to improve and streamline processes.
• Ability to coordinate multiple projects and meet deadlines.
• Ability to consult with external groups and maintain positive relationships.
University Core Competencies definitions may be found on the Human Resources website and in the staff performance management system.
• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
• Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• This role is an on-campus and in-person position.
• There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Texas Christian University is committed to assisting all members of the campus community in providing for their own safety and security. TCU’s Annual Security Report and Fire Safety Report is published in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy & Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act) and the Higher Education Opportunity Act. This report includes statistics for the previous three calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings owned or controlled by the University, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. The statements of policy contained within this report address institutional policies, procedures, and programs concerning campus security, alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, emergency notifications and timely warning of crimes, sexual and interpersonal violence, and personal safety at TCU. Additionally, this report outlines fire safety systems, policies and procedures for on-campus housing facilities, as well as residence hall fire statistics.
The Annual Security Report and Fire Safety Report can be found on the TCU Police Department website at https://police.tcu.edu/annual-security-report, or a paper copy of the report may be obtained by contacting the TCU Police Department at 817-257-7930, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We've sent an email!
Thank you for your interest in a career at TCU!