The Teacher Assistant is responsible for supporting child development by assisting teaching staff.
1. Guides students' personal and social development by supporting rules and procedures; encouraging student participation; understanding curriculum and the implications of specific disabilities.
2. Provides information by answering questions and requests, referring inquiries to the appropriate staff member; appropriately interacting with parents, staff, TCU students and faculty, and visitors.
3. Maintains safe and clean learning environment by keeping classrooms and supplies in order, cleaning and completing laundry as needed.
4. Assists in child care responsibilities by organizing and preparing lunches and snacks; feeding and diapering children.
5. Supervises activities by organizing play, instructing small groups, assisting in childhood development projects, interacting with children during daily activities.
6. Performs other related duties as assigned.
• High school diploma or GED equivalent.
• 1 year of related experience.
• Child Development Associate Certification.
• Satisfactory results from a post-offer physical examination.
• Knowledge of child development stages.
• Knowledge of customer service techniques.
• Skill in child care.
• Ability to clearly communicate in English.
• Ability to learn and apply sign language, CPR, basic first aid, Heimlich maneuver, safety and hygiene techniques.
University Core Competencies definitions may be found on the Human Resources website and in the staff performance management system.
• Visual acuity to read information from computer screens, forms and other printed materials and information.
• Able to speak (enunciate) clearly in conversation and general communication.
• Hearing ability for verbal communication/conversation/responses via telephone, telephone systems, and face-to-face interactions.
• Manual dexterity for typing, writing, standing and reaching, flexibility, body movement for bending, crouching, walking, kneeling and prolonged sitting.
• Lifting and moving objects and equipment up to 10 lbs.
• Work is indoors and sedentary and is subject to schedule changes and/or variable work hours.
• This is an on-campus, in-person position.
• There are no harmful environmental conditions present for this job.
• The noise level in this work environment is usually moderate.
As an AA/EEO employer, TCU recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Texas Christian University is committed to assisting all members of the campus community in providing for their own safety and security. TCU’s Annual Security Report and Fire Safety Report is published in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy & Campus Crime Statistics Act (Clery Act) and the Higher Education Opportunity Act. This report includes statistics for the previous three calendar years concerning reported crimes that occurred on campus, in certain off-campus buildings owned or controlled by the University, and on public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from the campus. The statements of policy contained within this report address institutional policies, procedures, and programs concerning campus security, alcohol and drug use, crime prevention, the reporting of crimes, emergency notifications and timely warning of crimes, sexual and interpersonal violence, and personal safety at TCU. Additionally, this report outlines fire safety systems, policies and procedures for on-campus housing facilities, as well as residence hall fire statistics.
The Annual Security Report and Fire Safety Report can be found on the TCU Police Department website at https://police.tcu.edu/annual-security-report, or a paper copy of the report may be obtained by contacting the TCU Police Department at 817-257-7930, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We've sent an email!
Thank you for your interest in a career at TCU!